Adventures in Asexuality

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Book meme (very a-sexy!)

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

All right, I have three books within arm's reach of me, and two of them are Harry Potter, so this is what you get instead:

"Who's working tonight?" I asked, hoping the answer would be "Jolene Blalock, and she wants to see you without your pants in her trailer right now."
-Wil Wheaton, Just A Geek

[obligatory asexual commentary]
It would just figure that the quote I'd find would be a sexual joke, right?
[/obligatory asexual commentary]

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for visiting my blog. And to answer your question about For the Love of Evil... Anthony extended the series to 7 to include Satan and God. They are through a different publisher (copyright date is 1988). It's pretty cool stuff.

    And for the record... who wouldn't want Jolene Blalock to tell them to meet you in her trailer with no pants!!! And I mean, if Wil was to join in... *blushes bashfully* I had a HUGE crush on him growing up!

    By Blogger Ayesha97, at 6 January 2005 at 14:42  

  • Oh, wow, two more Incarnations books! Thanks for the heads up, I simply must have them.

    I wouldn't be keen on being pantsless around Jolene or Wil at all, actually, since I'm asexual :). But they can have at it all they like, and you can have my slot in the threesome!

    By Blogger asexymama, at 7 January 2005 at 07:27  

  • I'm reading Awaken The Giant Within. The 5th sentence on pg 123:

    "They know, consciously or unconsciously, that this neural pathyway will taken them to some level of pleasure in the moment."


    (The preceding sentence reads, "Some people use shopping, some use food, some use sex, some use drugs, some use alcohol, some use yelling at their kids.")

    What do you use? Any, all, or none (bar sex!)


    Fantastic blog!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2 July 2006 at 17:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home